The organisers of EMY Africa Awards have been served with a notice from legal advisers of Sally Frimpong Mann, CEO of Lioness Media demanding an amount of Ghc700,000 from the former.
In the legal document sighted by GlammyNews.com, Sally, who is a member of the organizing body of the award ceremony is requesting for the quoted amount, with regards her professional expertise, and unpaid allowances.
More so, the commission and fees she is entitled to, as well as holding a share in the Awards Scheme over the four years of her involvement from 2014-2018.
Read the full document below:
DEMAND NOTICE FOR THE IMMEDIATE PAYMENT OF GHC700,000 TO SALLY FRIMPONG.
1. We act as Solicitors for Sally Frimpong (otherwise known as Sally Mann) a member of the organizing Secretariat of EXCLUSIVE MEN OF THE YEAR (EMY) AWARDS (hereinafter referred to as the “Award Scheme”.)
2. Our Client informs us that sometime in the year 2014, given your confidence in her based on her professional expertise, you broached an idea to her. The idea being, an translate an existing men’s magazine known as Exclusive Men’s Magazine into awards scheme. This idea she readily bought into.
3. We are further informed that consequently, a seven member team (of which our Client was a member) was put together to deliberate, brainstorm and crystalize the idea with our Client placed in charge of Publicity.
4. Our Client further says that the understanding amongst the members was to harness their individual human resource capital for the collective resultant effect of birthing the above mentioned awards scheme • To this end the members agreed as follows
a. That fuel allowance shall be paid to members for attending weekly meetings.
b. That fuel allowance shall be paid to members for their marketing/sponsorship rounds.
c. That any member who brings in a sponsor shall be paid 10-15% of the value of the said sponsorship.
d. That members will agree on a shareholding arrangement after each awards
e. That each member shall be entitled to 5% of the net profit every year after the awards ceremony.
5. In addition our Client says that her vision and believe in crystalizing this concept motivated her to make personal visits and presentations to over forty companies to seek sponsorship, most of whom have now become household names associated with the Awards Scheme. That her ingenuity, professional competence and industry knowledge contributed significantly to the successful staging and execution of the first edition of the EMY’S AWARDS ceremony in 2015, and subsequent ones in 2016 and 2017.
6. Our Client informs us that having contributed immensely to develop the structures of the Awards Scheme for it to become what it is today, you, together Clement Kwakye, Publisher of Exclusive Men’s Magazine have successfully frozen her out from any of the benefits she is entitled to. Furthermore none of the agreed terms as per paragraph 4 has been fulfilled over the years.
7. Our Client instructs us to inform you that haven been frozen out of the activities of the Secretariat, she is of the opinion that her professional expertise is no longer needed and therefore is willing to walk away amicably from anything connected with the Awards Scheme at a satisfactory compensation.
8. Our client values her professional expertise, all the unpaid allowances, commission and fees she is entitled to, as well as her shareholding in the Awards Scheme over the four years of her involvement from 2014-2018 to be GHC700,000.
Contact GlammyNews.com now if you have song(s) to promote, stories to share, or exclusives you want our cherished readers to know about? Get the information to us via firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, call or WhatsApp +233244814761.