Since the launch of Uber in Ghana in 2016, there’s been a lot of debate about which vehicles are well suited for the business.
Today in this article, we will share with you a few that per our checks are the best for Uber.
Before that, let’s take a look at some fundamental requirements that every vehicle must meet before the even make it to the Uber car list:
MINIMUM UBER REQUIREMENTS IN GHANA.
- The vehicle should have been manufactured in 2005 or later than that.
- Be a private vehicle (taxis and government cars are not eligible).
- The vehicle must have a valid roadworthy certificate.
- The vehicle must have a valid third party or comprehensive insurance.
- Must have a working radio and four doors.
Take a look at the five most common cars or vehicles used for uber.
KIA MORNING OR PICANTO
- It has a fuel consumption of 29.23 kmpl.
- It comes with a 1.1 litre diesel and 1.0 litre petrol engine.
- It also has a 5 speed manual and 4 speed automatic transmission options.
The partnership of Suzuki and Maruti gave birth to Suzuki Alto also known as Suzuki Alto 800.
- It comes with a 0.8 litre disesel and 1.0 litre petrol engine.
- It has a fuel consumption of 22.05kmpl.
This car was later branded as CHEVROLET SPARK to reflect the new ownership.
- Its fuel consumption stands at averagely 18.5 kmpl.
- The engine capacity stands at 0.9, 1.1, and 1.2 litre petrol engines and 0.9 litre diesel engine.
These are just a few, so feel free to add to the list in the comments below.